Actions and Detail Panel
Turning Risk Into Opportunity: A Compliance Seminar
Smart Implementation of Compliance Standards in Africa
The UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce and Peverett Maxwell partner to offer an exclusive series of one-day workshops focused on equipping attendees from UK/International companies with practical strategies for implementing international compliance standards in their Ghanaian and wider African operations.
This exclusive one day workshop will provide business leaders with the knowledge, tools and approaches to develop and implement comprehensive governance and compliance frameworks for their business operations in. Drawing on real life case studies of business situations in Africa where compliance has been at risk, an experienced, senior compliance professional with on-the-ground Africa experience, will guide attendees through appropriate structures and responses to protect their businesses and enjoy the business opportunities Africa offers.
What will you learn?
- The key principles of the UK Anti Bribery Act, US FCPA, UK Human Slavery Act and other related extra-territorial laws focusing on international compliance standards
- The local cultural context (s) within which you have to implement these principles
- How to change your thinking to successfully implement in the local context
- Frameworks, structures and approaches to achieve the operational compliance outcomes you need
- How to tackle head on the challenge of using 3rd parties/local business partners
- What you need to do to maintain international standard compliance and governance in your African operations.
- Available technologies that can help
What will you gain?
- An Understanding of the importance and seriousness of key international ‘movements’ Anti-Corruption movement
- Detail on what the UK Anti Bribery Act , US FCPA (and other such extra-territorial laws) means for your African operation(s)
- The opportunity to meet business professionals with experience of practical implementation of international compliance standards in Africa operations
- Lessons from true stories on the challenges faced by western companies to ensure they operate within the principles and standards of key international ‘compliance’ laws
- Rewired Thinking to enable you to understand the local context, culture and challenges
- A clear picture of what you need to have in place for your company and your Ghana/African Operation and an action plan of what you need to do
- Tools and approaches to help you implement in your Africa operations
- A specific Action Plan to take your business forward
Who should attend this course?
CEOs, CFOs, Directors, Senior Managers and Business Leaders of UK/international companies who either:
- plan to setup business operations in Ghana and/or Africa
- have existing business operations in Ghana and/or Africa
- have local companies/3rd parties selling their products and conducting business on their behalf in Ghana and/or Africa
While there are no formal entry requirements for this workshop, the workshop is designed for CEOs, CFOs, Directors, Senior Managers and Business Leaders. The workshop assumes experience of running key elements of a business and a broad understanding of key functions such as sales, operations, marketing, finance, regulatory and/or legal.
Due to the proprietary nature of this event, Peverett-Maxwell and the UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce reserve the right to approve attendees before confirming attendance