Sheep Dog Central AR
Turkey Trot 5K Charity Run, Wild Gobbler 5K,
1-Mile Fun Walk and Virtual 5K Run
Proceeds Provide Christmas Gifts for the
Children of Sheep Dog Families in Need
**Registration and T-shirts**
The Turkey Trot 5K registration fee is $20 per runner through October 31; price increases to $25 on November 1. Commemorative shirts for the first 150 Runners & Wild Gobblers, so register early!
(Unfortunately, Fun Walkers and Virtual Runners do not receive shirts.)
Event: 2016 Turkey Trot 5K Charity Run, 1-Mile Fun Walk and Wild Gobbler 5K Adventure Run (details below).
Date & Time: Thursday, November 24, 2016; registration opens at 8:00AM. Race start time is 9:00 AM.
Location: Outlets of Little Rock, 11201 Bass Pro Parkway Little Rock, AR 72210
Participants: This event is open to all runners, walkers, and the general public! All are encouraged to attend - including past and present SDIA Members, Volunteers, Supporters and Sponsors.
Amenities: In addition to the runs/walk, we will have concessions, bounce houses, face painting, sponsor giveaways, and much more. Fun for the entire family!
To participate in our first Virtual Run, simply register and run the 5K on your schedule at the location of your choosing!
Don't forget to register early - the first 150 Turkey Trot 5K Runners & Wild Gobblers will receive a commemorative 2016 Turkey Trot t-shirt!
Beneficiaries: Sheep Dog Impact Assistance will use proceeds from this event to provide the children of Sheep Dog families in need in Central AR with toys, clothing, and other necessities this Christmas.
Wild Gobbler - 5K Adventure Run details:
Run to Station 1
- Station 1 Movement - Diamond Push Ups - In memory of Tyrone Woods, former US Navy SEAL, killed on Sept 11th, 2012 while defending the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Tyrone was working at a CIA annex close to the Consulate when it came under attack. He was one of only a few responders able to make it to the U.S. Consulate in an attempt to rescue the U.S. Ambassador. Our workout reps in honor of Tyrone are based on the date he was killed, 9/11/12, for a rep count of 32...you will do 32 Diamond Push Ups.
Run to Station 2
- Station 2 Movement – Side Lunges – In memory of Master SGT Dan R. Wassom, Unit 189th Airlift Wing, AR Air National Guard, who was killed on 27 Apr 2014 during the tornado outbreak in Mayflower and Vilonia. MSGT Wassom died while using his body to shield his 5 yr old daughter Loriei as a tornado destroyed their home. Our workout reps in honor of Dan are based on his age, 31. You will do 31 Side Lunges. One lunge to the right and then to the left count as 1 rep.
Run to Station 3
- Station 3 Movement - Burpees – In memory of Deputy Sherri Jones of the Bowie County Texas Sheriff’s Office who was attacked and killed at the Bowie County Courthouse while transporting a prisoner for trial on 18 Apr 2011. Our workout reps in honor of Sherri are based on her End of Watch date 4/18/11. You will do 33 Burpees.
Run to Station 4
- Station 4 Movement – Four Count Mountain Climbers – In memory of Senior Chief Petty Officer Thomas A. Ratzlaff, Navy Special Warfare Operations (SEAL) Senior Chief Ratzlaff who was killed in Afghanistan when the CH-47 Chinook helicopter (Call Sign “Extortion 17”) in which he was riding was shot down. Our workout reps are based on the number of U.S. military personnel who were killed along with Tom, 31. You will do 31 Four Count Mountain Climbers.
Run to Station 5
- Station 5 Movement - Jumping Jacks - In memory of Capt. Donald Jones, a Jacksonville, AR firefighter who was killed March 19th, 2012 while working the scene of an accident. A fellow fireman and police officer were also injured during the incident. Capt Jones was a 31 year veteran firefighter. Our workout reps in honor of Capt Jones are based on his age and the date he was killed...3/19/12, for a total of 65...you will do 65 Jumping Jacks.
Run to Finish Line
Please contact any one of the following SDIA event organizers with questions:
Jeff Watts - email@example.com
Kayla Benn - firstname.lastname@example.org