San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Data mining (also known as data or knowledge discovery) is the process of finding correlations or patterns among dozens of fields in large relational databases. But, how to access and use the data?
This workshop will explore;
- Different types of source data files.
- Challenges in obtaining source data files.
- How to align a project's audit objectives with the data objectives.
- What is the "best" type of data file to obtain for ACL.
- Discuss the advantages of using flat files in ACL over other file types.
- Examples of files so complex, the ACL table can only be built by using a script.
- Data integrity verification techniques.
- Data harmonization and data normalization techniques.
This workshop is appropriate for Auditors, Audit Seniors, IT Auditors, Data Analysts and any Accountant who wishes to utilize ACL for data analysis and operational/financial insight.
This is an instructor led classroom setting group. Users are expected to provide their own laptop computers with ACL desktop version 9.1 or greater.
Michael Keiffer is an independent data analysis consultant skilled in using ACL, both in practice and as an instructor. Michael has over 16 years of extensive experience with data-mining, data analysis consulting and training, fraud detection and investigations, and compliance auditing. He has worked in the banking and financial services, healthcare, gaming/casino, retail, and airline/travel industries. Michael has a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Arizona State University; is a CPA, CIA, and CISA; and became an ACDA in 2007.
When & Where
Tulsa ACL User Group
The Tulsa ACL User Group is intended to provide it's membership with a venue to:
1. Generate ideas, experiences and user dialogue involving ACL technology.
2. Promote best practices in the use of ACL software for data analysis, auditing and business oversight activities.
3. Provide a channel of communication between users and ACL, allowing for a better understanding of common objectives and how to use ACL to its full advantage.