This whole day course is designed to support both novice and experienced trustees in providing effective governance within their organisations. It considers their roles and responsibilities in general before looking at particular areas in more detail.
- Assessing the strengths and weaknesses of your organisation and trustee board
- Roles and Responsibilities of trustee boards
- Paperwork needed to ensure an effective and well managed board
- Governance vs Management – understanding the difference
- The Charity Commission Hallmarks
- Risk reviewing your organisation
- Business planning and Fundraising
- Good Financial Management
- Ensuring trustee boards have constructive and productive trustee meetings.
- To help participants understand their roles and responsibilities as trustees or trustee / directors and how to discharge these duties lawfully and effectively
- To develop role descriptions for the different officers on the Trustee Board
- To critically appraise their own organisation and their roles as trustees
- To understand how to undertake a risk review of their organisation.
Trustees and senior staff in both large and small charities. It can be equally useful for both novice and experienced trustees. The course can be adapted to suit particular needs.
About the Trainer
Robin is a freelance VCS trainer and consultant, normally working in Suffolk and Essex. For many years he was Training Manager for Suffolk Association of Voluntary Organisations. He has also written the non-accredited 12 module Trustee E-Learning Programme which has been endorsed by the Charity Commission as well as many online "practical toolkits" on subjects as diverse as Managing Volunteers, Minute Taking, Stress Management, Writing Policies and Procedures and Writing Good Funding Applications. He has chaired a number of trustee boards and so understands many of the issues that Boards have to face.
10.00am-4.00pm - Please arrive by 9.45am to sign in.