Baruch College presents a Presidential Policy Preview: Trump’s First 100 Days: What Will He Actually Do?
On December 8th you can take part in the discussion of Donald J. Trump becoming the 45th President of the United States of America. What can we expect from his administration in the first 100 days? Will he push to have his agenda implemented in the form he expressed it in the campaign, or will he modify his goals once in office? Will the new president and the Congress be allies, or will they fight over budgets and policy priorities?
Baruch has assembled an expert panel to provide brief overviews of nine policy and procedural arenas, including defense, immigration, workforce, education, the Supreme Court, and the role of the Congress.
Join us at 6pm for a brief reception followed by the panel from 6:30 to 8pm.
Free & Open to the Public, with RSVP.
- Baruch President Mitchel B. Wallerstein on Defense/National Security
- Professor Els de Graauw on Immigration Policy
- Professor Hector Cordero-Guzmán on Workforce Issues
- Professor Judith Kafka on K-12 Education
- Clinical Professor Jeffrey Apfel on Higher Education
- Professor John Casey on The Landscape for Nonprofits/Civil Society
- Professor Dahlia Remler on Health Care Policy
- Professor Tom Halper on The Court & Appointments
- Professor Eric Gander on The Court & The First Amendment
- Professor David Jones on Congress