San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Every Kid in our Communities is promoting the awareness of the Power of Positive Parenting by Triple P to support all families in Leeds & Grenville.
What is Positive Parenting?
- Positive parenting makes it easier for you, as parents to develop a positive loving relationship with each other and with your children.
- You use encouragement, attention and good communication.
- A positive parenting approach will help your family life run smoother.
- Positive parenting increases the opportunity for your children to achieve optimum physical and emotional health.
What is Triple P?
- Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) gives parents simple tips to help manage the big and small problems of family life. Challenges like toddler tantrums; self-esteem issues, bedtime battles, disobedience; & aggression – Triple P can help you deal with them all – and more!
- Triple P is parenting and family information that you may find helpful in raising your resilient, competent and confident child.
How can parents access Triple P?
- Attend a Positive Parenting Café night. Register at www.healthunit.org
- www.TriplePOntario.ca provides general parenting tips and information for all parents
- Call 1-800-660-5853 to find out about the opportunities in many different settings – including an online parenting course.
Number of participants is limited! Access will be available to the first 25 registrants on-line at www.healthunit.org.
If you need help with transportation to a Positive Parenting Café Night, please contact 1-800-660-5853.
When & Where
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
The LGLDHU covers a 6,329 square km area in Eastern Ontario, with a population density of 25.7 people per km. The southern part of our area borders the St. Lawrence River between Kingston and Cornwall, extending north into the Ottawa Valley. The population of Leeds, Grenville and Lanark is 170,205 people, the majority of whom live in a rural environment (58%).
Staff is distributed throughout 6 sites in the tri-county; the main office located in Brockville and other sites are in Smiths Falls, Kemptville, Almonte and Gananoque.