TribU: Twitter Basics, August 21
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CDT)
You've decided it's time to unlock the mysteries of Twitter, and the good news is you'll find it not all that mysterious. In this beginner's class, you will learn how to:
• Set up a Twitter account in an SEO-friendly way
• Learn the language of Twitter: Hashtags, retweets, mentions, DM's, trending topics and more
• Use Twitter as a search engine
• Learn how to find the right Twitter application for your smartphone and laptop/desktop computer
• Engage with other users on Twitter by applying proper Twitter etiquette
• Find great people to follow and learn the best ways to build up your own followers
You do not have to create an account on Twitter before the class but the more you know before the class starts the more we can cover during our time together. A computer is not required for this class but you are welcome to bring one. At the start of class, attendees will receive a printed handout that follows the presentation. Afterwards, they will be emailed a PDF of the complete presentation.
Twitter Basics classes are taught by Jimmy Greenfield. Jimmy has been a reporter and web site producer at Tribune since 1995. He currently runs ChicagoNow.com, the Tribune's blog network, and since its launch in 2009 has overseen the growth of ChicagoNow from six blogs to several hundred.
When & Where
Chicago Tribune - Trib Nation
For questions concerning Trib Nation Events, please email TribNation@tribune.com or call 312-222-4369.