Trees are commonly damaged during construction and successful preservation requires special consideration. This workshop explores strategies for managing trees during construction.
- The importance of the arborist’s role throughout project planning, design, and construction;
- The value of preserving existing trees with development;
- Identifying trees that are suitable for preservation;
- The possible ways trees may be affected by construction;
- Tree protection measures and monitoring;
- The use of alternative construction techniques to provide for tree protection; and
- Addressing tree damage, risk potential and remedial treatments.
Includes an indoor presentation and outdoor exercise.
Morgan Holen is an ISA Board Certified Master Arborist (PN-6145B) and Qualified Tree Risk Assessor, and the owner of Morgan Holen & Associates, LLC, a consulting arborist and urban forest management company based in Wilsonville, Oregon. Morgan is a fourth generation forester and has protected thousands of trees on development projects throughout the Portland Metropolitan region over the last ten years. She is member of the Oregon Community Trees Board of Directors.
Location: Corner of Roosevelt Blvd. and N. Danebo Ave., 820 Roosevelt Blvd, Eugene, OR 97402
ISA CEUs: 3.5
- Cancellations made at least 10 days prior to the event will be refunded at 100%.
- Cancellations made within 5-9 days of the event will be refunded at 75%.
- Cancellations made within 1-4 days of the event will be refunded at 50%.
- Refunds will not be made available for no-shows.