After 50years of collecting items related to Maine’s rich maritime heritage Maine Maritime Museum now boasts a collection of over 21,000 artifactst. Tour our collection vaults with one of our curatorial staff as your guide, while they share unique and exciting stories behind selected items. Each tour is unique, and you just never know what treasures you might see.
Space is limited so register early.
Maine Maritime Museum
Maine Maritime Museum offers a myriad of opportunities to explore Maine’s maritime heritage and culture and to experience the mystique of Maine.
Visitors can find:
- fascinating exhibits brimming with art and artifacts
- contemporary, interactive areas for children and adults
- an historic shipyard with five of the original 19th century buildings
- a Victorian-era shipyard owners home
- an active waterfront
- a life-size sculptural representation of the largest wooden sailing vessel ever built
- a scenic campus on the bank of the Kennebec River