San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Travel & Scholarship Promotional Pricing Available! -call or email for details!
In this two-day course, you’ll gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning. You’ll also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe. The SSM certification signifies that you are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing your value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
· New or existing Scrum Masters
· Team Leads
· Release Train Engineers
After this course, you should be able to:
· Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
· Perform the role of the Scrum Master in SAFe
· Facilitate Iteration Planning and effective Iteration execution
· Support effective Program Increment execution
· Build high performing teams by becoming a servant leader and coach
In this course you will:
· Identify the key components of Agile development
· Identify the key elements of Scrum
· Explore Scrum in the context of a SAFe enterprise
· Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master
· Identify the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
· Experience PI planning and explore how to facilitate this event
· Experience a complete iteration
· Explore how to facilitate iteration planning, backlog refinement, team and system demos, and the iteration retrospective
· Identify ways to track iteration progress and foster collaboration and synchronization between the teams in the program
· Explore improvement at the Program level with the Inspect and Adapt workshop
· Identify the characteristics of a servant leader
· Experience coaching with powerful questions
· Identify ways to facilitate better meetings, foster team member collaboration, and manage conflicts
There are no prerequisites to take this course. All stakeholders working in a Lean-Agile environment or transformation are welcome to attend.
Attending this course prepares you to take the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification.
What You Get
The class registration includes:
· Printed workbooks
· PDF workbooks
· Course certificate
· Eligibility to take the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam
SAFe 4 Scrum Master Exam
Web-based; Open Book
First attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
Candidates have 30 days from course completion date to answer all questions and submit their exam
Renewals are from the date of certification.
Renewal fee: $100
10 continuing education/outreach hours
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Instructor: Abiodun Osoba
Abiodun Osoba has 20 years experience in telecommunications, banking, retail, wholesale, technology and
software industries. She is the CEO of Thined over 200 staff in Agile fundamentals, Scrum & Kanban) and
successfully led digital programmes in 3 countries.
Starting as a technical contributor,then moved on to the roles of a Business Analyst, Project/Program Manager
and now as an Enterprise Agile Coach/Executive Coach/Organization Coach and a Leadership Team coach for
several client organizations. Abiodun is dedicated to innovation and operational excellence and facilitates the
continuous improvement culture so important to The Agile Advisor.
Abiodun has written over 50 articles on Agile Advice. She is an Agile Facilitator/Trainer. CSM, CSPO,SA, CAL,
Certified Agile Coach, Agile Advisor Canada & Nigeria and has over 12 years of experience working in Agile
environments. Provided executive Agile coaching in 3 countries.
Abiodun is a graduate of the University of Abuja, Nigeria, Rotman School of Management -
University of Toronto, MIT Sloan School of Management, Harvard Business School. She is actively involved in
the Agile community and is an organizer of several meet ups in Canada and Nigeria.
For more information, contact The i4 Group Consulting: thei4group.com
Refunds will be issued for cancellations greater than 14 days from the start of the course and are subject to a $150 dollar processing charge. For cancellations between 8 and 14 days from the start of the course, registrants may change to another course of equal or lesser value. For cancellations 7 days or less from the start of the course, no refunds will be issued or changes allowed.
Save This Event
When & Where
The i4 Group
The i4 Group is a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification, training and consulting company.