Actions and Detail Panel
Trauma 101: Understanding the Impact of Trauma on Children (Jasper)
Tue, April 25, 2017, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM EDT
This course will provide participants with foundational knowledge about child trauma and child traumatic stress. Participants will learn how trauma affects children including the impact on child development. Participants will also explore how cultural factors may impact a child’s response to traumatic events.
Topics and Learning Objectives
• Explain the term child traumatic stress
• Describe the types of experiences that constitute childhood trauma
• Recognize role in responding to child traumatic stress
How Trauma Affects Children
• Explain the relationship between a child’s lifetime trauma history and his or her behaviors and responses.
• Describe how traumatic experiences affect brain development
Influence of Developmental Stage
• Identify the impact of trauma on child development
Influence of Culture
• Describe how cultural factors influence how children may identify, interpret, and respond to traumatic events