Don't miss the best junk-to-trunk show in town! The Bainbridge Island Trashion Show is an entertaining fashion show featuring repurposed materials. Get ready to be dazzled as local models of all ages and talented designers present creative garb that spans functional to funky. Join us to get inspired for how to re-use old clothing, and make new outfits from old clothing or reclaimed materials. Capri Sun juice pouches become corsetted bodices, kitchen curtains become ruffles, and beaded vests are adorned with discarded corks... our runway is one of a kind! This year's Trashion Show is proudly brought to you by Bainbridge Island Zero Waste, an initiative of Sustainable Bainbridge, and our sponsors at IslandWood, Bainbridge Disposal, Windermere Realtors Patti Shannon and Diane Sugden, and Port Madison Enterprises.
- Americans buy 20 billion new items of clothing and send 12 million tons of textiles to the landfill every year
- It takes more than 700 gallons of water to produce a single cotton t-shirt.
- It takes up to 2,900 gallons of water to produce a pair of jeans.
- The average pair of jeans produces about 900 lbs of CO2 over its lifespan. 60% of this is in the production; 40% is in the use and disposal of the garment.
- 95% of textiles are recyclable; only 15% of textiles in the US are recycled.
*Event organizers are calling all designers and artists! Submit your designs for the upcoming Spring Trashion Show. Details at bitrashionshow.wordpress.com. Deadline March 12 for entries. We'd love to have our models strut your stuff.
When & Where
IslandWood Community Programs & Events
IslandWood is proud to host monthly community programs and events for adults and families. Our Enviro-Explorations series of programs are seasonally themed and led by trained naturalists.
Thank you for supporting IslandWood. For a full list of what's cookin' in community programs please hop over to: www.islandwood.org/events
See you soon!