Transition to Performance Consulting (optional Certification) - So Cal
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM - Friday, November 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM (PST)
Huntington Beach, CA
THREE DAY WORKSHOP
Optional Certification Available
9 AM - 5 PM each day; registration opens at 8:30 AM each morning
It's not a fad. It's not a trend. In fact, its time has come.
This workshop focuses on why we, as training professionals, need to make the transition to performance consulting if we are to survive and thrive within our organizations.
Transition from a traditional approach to training to a performance consulting approach.Partner with business units to identify client needs.Use a variety of consulting roles appropriately.Use an eight -step internal consulting approach to managing the training function.Use a case study to apply consulting tools.
Register as a group and save!
Group discounts available for groups of 3 or more participants from the same organization.
The Hotel Huntington Beach has arranged special room rates for The Training Clinic attendees. To get these savings, please call 714-908-5184 and tell reservations that you are calling to take advantage of the special Training Clinic room rate.
What You'll Learn
By the end of the three day workshop, as a participant you will be able to:
1. Determine how successful performance consultants operate.
2. Identify eight steps in the consulting process.
3. Practice ways to anticipate the changing training needs in your organization.
4. Describe four types of performance consulting skills needed to be successful.
5. Contract for results, not just training activities.
6. Distinguish between the roles of the performance consultant, trainer and change agent.
7. Identify ten essential elements of a performance plan.
8. Practice how to gain management's commitment to performance consulting.
9. Use a sixteen-step plan to build alliances with line managers.
10. Identify how to influence line managers.
11. Build a performance consulting plan and gain management's agreement.
12. Market performance consulting services to prospective clients.
13. Use appropriate tools to measure the use and results of performance consulting.
14. Apply lessons learned from other organizations that have transitioned from traditional training to performance consulting.
15. Determine what needs to be done to continue the transition from traditional training activities to performance consulting.
Review workshop content and objectives
Inventory your skills
Set personal objectives for this session
Unit 1: Performance Consultant's Role
Describe what performance consulting is
Determine benefits of performance consulting
Review a consulting continuum, enhanced roles for the trainer
Complete a performance consulting skills inventory
Compare trainer vs. consultant vs. change agent
Unit 2: Performance Consulting Process
Identify changes to anticipate with the transition
Transition to Performance Consulting
Define the eight-step consulting process
Describe how to contract for results
Unit 3: Diagnosing Performance Problems
Sort training and non-training issues with performance analysis
Review other barriers impacting performance
Conduct goal analysis
Develop a performance plan: overview and example
Use a performance plan checklist
Unit 4: Working With Line Management
Build credibility and increase your influence
Check your influencing style, Consulting Incidents Inventory
Identify how to be responsive to the organization's needs
Develop partnerships with line managers
Determine steps to increase leverage with others
Unit 5: Face-to-Face Skills
Practice putting the eight-step consulting skills process in action
Determine how to conduct client interviews:
I: assessment interview
II: benchmarking interview
Define how to conduct feedback meetings and gain agreement
Unit 6: Strategic Planning for Performance Consultants
Put the plan together
Determine how to market performance consulting services to prospective clients
Demonstrate Level Three and Four evaluation of performance consulting
Complete a Strategic Planning Case Study
Unit 7: Implementing Performance Consulting
Identify strategies and tactics
Complete a performance consulting summary inventory
Summarize and complete your action plan
Earn a certificate by successfully completing a performance consulting project. A small additional fee of $250 is required for assessment and detailed feedback and coaching, as needed. Please contact us for details.
Here's what past participants have to say:
"I wanted to let you know that one of the ongoing challenges that I discussed in class reared up after I returned back to work. I employed some of the questioning techniques we learned and practiced with you to get to the root of the problem, instead of just reacting. I felt really empowered to treat the situation differently as a result of the class.
Thanks for an inspiring and useful 3 days!" - Dana S.
When & Where
The Training Clinic
Welcome to The Training Clinic and our special brand of train-the-trainer workshops. The Training Clinic is America’s train-the-trainer leader.
We specialize in state-of-the art design, delivery, management and evaluation of training through the development and delivery of workshops, certificate programs, on-line courses, publications, training products, job aids and consulting. Since 1977, we have trained over 150,000 people on 5 continents with the assistance of our over 20 Master Instructors located both in the U.S. and abroad, each averaging over 15 years of experience and previously holding key organizational positions.
Back by Popular Demand...Public Workshops!
Fall 2011 we re-launched our public workshop series. Check back frequently or connect with us on Facebook or LinkedIn for the latest information.
Just-in-Time Training: Each one or two day workshop covers just those skills you need at this moment in your professional development. You won’t sit through or pay for 3, 4, 5 days or more of content that you don’t need now, or maybe ever.
Practical Content: You’ll recognize and identify with the issues raised because they are the same concerns you are coping with each working day. Your workshop instructor is an active training/HRD consultant who will share with you real world experiences. We focus on practical application, not theory. You will work on your organization’s real issues and develop action plans and materials to use on the job the very next day.
Constantly Updated Content: Our workshops are revised regularly with input from past participants, instructors and research into state-of-the-art materials to make sure the content is current, reliable and fresh.
Involving and Challenging Materials: Each workshop is designed using the latest learning techniques and then analyzed in 15-minute segments (using a Training Clinic copyrighted, exclusive technique) to select the best method to communicate the content. We hold your interest through effective use of lecturettes, discussions, case studies, inventories, audiovisuals, role plays, self assessments, checklists, planning tools and more. Lectures are kept to a minimum.
Master Practitioner Instructors: Each of our instructors is an active training/HRD consultant with 15-30 years of directly related experience in the subjects they are teaching. Daily they advise and solve problems for their clients in business and government. They are not captive employees who simply repeat the same content day after day. They are active practitioners working in the real world and mastering today’s training problems. You’ll learn from their real world examples, advice and answers. Importantly, our instructors model that they teach and train through demonstration of each technique rather than by lecturing about it.
Experience: The Training Clinic is celebrating its 37th anniversary as America’s train-the-trainer leader. Share the experiences of hundreds of thousands of people who have improved their skills by attending a Training Clinic workshop.
Value Pricing: Why pay more for similar training? Stretch your training dollars. Our prices end where others begin, and if you are not happy with the results you don’t pay!
Training Clinic Bonuses:
• Limited class size (average is under 16) so your individual objectives are solicited and addressed.
• A comprehensive workshop manual that becomes a useful reference tool following the workshop. It contains valuable checklists, instruments, class notes, job aids, case studies and exercises.
• Complimentary breakfast pastry, coffee and soda breaks.
• A personalized certificate of completion, signed by your instructor.
• Continuing Education Credits: 1.3 CEUs for a two day program; .65 CEUs for a one day program.
• Money Back Guarantee: The on-the-job benefits of your Training Clinic workshop will last you a lifetime. We guarantee the quality of our workshops. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a workshop for which you have paid, simply return your workshop materials with a written explanation. The Training Clinic will give you credit toward another workshop of comparable price or will refund your registration fee.
Cancellations are accepted at no charge up to 15 working days before the workshop. Later cancellations or no shows are responsible to pay the entire workshop fee. Once paid, a 'Certificate of Transfer' is issued valid for attendance at a future workshop of comparable value during the next twelve months. Subsitutions and transfers may be made at any time at no charge.
In the event of a cancellation of a workshop for any reason, The Training Clinic's liability is limited to the return of registration fees. Please use caution when booking non-refundable airfare or hotel rooms. We typically confirm workshops 1-2 weeks in advance. Feel free to check the status of any given program with us prior to making travel reservations.
The Training Clinic, 1510 Catalina Avenue, Seal Beach, CA 90740