Transform Friends is not a traditional network. It is a circle of friends who help each other when needed and when possible. Transform Friends is not just about innovation; it is about business in general based on the challenges and opportunities of our friends. We also help each other on career development issues if and when possible.
The urge for positive change and transformation is common within our circle of friends. Thus the title, Transform Friends. As a group, we have diverse backgrounds for doing this. We come from all areas of business and society (corporate people, entrepreneurs, advisors, government people, academics, etc.). We come from different parts of the world and we are multi-cultural in many senses. Furthermore, we have a mix of seasoned veterans and promising talents.
What are the criteria for being a part of Transform Friends? It is simple:
• You are open for positive change and transformation and you are in a position where you can make this happen
• You add value to the friends in Transform Friends just as well as you get value out of being involved
• and last, but not least; you are a nice person
The above criteria are used together with a discussion around two key questions:
• Why will you be a significant influencer in the context of the exponential growth, digitalization, disruption and innovation in the coming years? This can be within your company, industry or in general.
• What are your key thoughts on exponential growth, disruption, digitalization and innovation with regards to how this will transform companies and industries?
We have about 25 people upon launch in 2016 with activities in Copenhagen, Dubai, London, New York and Silicon Valley. This will grow to about 60 people in early 2017 with activities in 6-8 cities.
Our activities focus on three things:
• Transform Talks: high-quality, high-impact half-day sessions for 15-25 people. Only Transform Friends – and people they recommend – are invited for these sessions where we have cases and discussions rather than presentations
• Study tours to Silicon Valley
• Informal sessions and meet-ups around the world
There will be a modest fee of EUR 1,500 for 2016.