In this Full Day Course, USAT Level II and USAC Level II / Certified Power Based Coach Joe Bachana will partner with Tim Cusick, WKO4 Product Leader, to present the latest innovations in setting up and tracking athletes’ power-based training programs.
Who Should Attend: Coaches looking to understand how to incorporate power-based training into their programming as well as how to maximize the use of data analytics.
9am-10am Introduction: Why Train with Power? – Presenter: Joe Bachana
10am-11:15am Best Practices in Coaching with Power – Presenter: Joe Bachana
- Creating power workout templates for use with popular systems (Examples:TrainerRoad, PerfProStudio, RacerMate Multirider, etc)
- Integration best practices with Garmin Connect, Suunto MovesCount, TrainingPeaks,TrainerRoad, etc
11:30am – 1pm WKO4, an introduction to WKO4 data analytics – Presenter: Timothy Cusick
- How to utilize new physiological metrics in WKO4
- The role of analytics in the coaching process
- Individualization of athlete data metrics
1pm 1:45pm: Lunch
1:45pm – 5:00pm Using WKO4 to manage power-based training – Presenter: Timothy Cusick
- Analyzing results of power-based workouts
- Use of advanced analytics to better plan and track training and performance results
- Introduction to creating custom charts
Please note that a high emphasis will be placed on analyzing your data or that of your athletes, so please be sure that you have a copy of WKO4 installed on your computer and have synced all of your athletes' data prior to the class.
USA Triathlon Coaches receive 5 CEUs for attending this Clinic.
USA Cycling Coaches will receive 6 CEUs for attending this Clinic.