Description: This is a 2-day course designed to provide the fundamental knowledge necessary to use Mastercam Lathe efficiently. Focus is on manipulation of geometry and generation of Lathe toolpaths.
Prerequisites: Working Knowledge of Mastercam Design.
(Some computer experience helpful but not required.)
Class Times: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Course Content Overview:
- Creation of Two Dimensional Geometry for Lathe Applications
- Understand Basic Job Set-Up
- Select Stock
- Machine/Control Definition
- Additional 2D Geometry Creation
- Select Material Library for Speeds and Feeds
- How to Apply Roughing, Finishing, Grooving, Threading and Cut-Off Toolpaths
- Chucking Applications
- Apply Bar Feed Applications
- Stock Advance
- Stock Flipping
- Shaft and Tailstock Applications
- Stock Transfer from One Spindle to Another
- Saving Tool Path Operations
- Post Processing of CNC Code
QTE Manufacturing Solutions
QTE Manufacturing Solutions is the Midwest's premier provider for CAD/CAM software. With nearly 30 years in business we continue to offer the best products backed with unparalleled training and support. We provide software, support, and training solutions for Mastercam, Verisurf, and other manufactring products.