The RISE Program’s 4-day Train the Trainer certification course equips trainers working in systems of care to reduce anti-LGBTQ+ bias and build knowledge and skills necessary to effectively work with LGBTQ+ youth and their families.
Trainers will learn to:
- Deliver the RISE Program's Training Curriculum aimed at improving knowledge about sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and the unique barriers to permanency and well-being that LGBTQ+ children and youth face.
- Identify and address implicit bias.
- Debunk myths and respond to difficult questions regarding LGBTQ+ identities.
- Lead experiential activities that will increase staff’s understanding of intersectionality.
- Use facilitation techniques specific to increasing LGBTQ+ knowledge in trainings.
This four (4) day course is held in Los Angeles, California and seating is limited to provide for more individualized instruction. For more information, or if you are unable to make a payment online, please call contact (323)860-3643.
Participants should be willing to engage in positive conversations about LGBTQ+ concepts and identities.