Actions and Detail Panel
Train Your Mentors and Mentees Effectively: What You Need to Know
Tue, March 21, 2017, 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
Join the Mentoring Partnership & Resource Center for this deep dive training on training mentors and considerations for training mentees and mentees' parents (or legal guardians or responsible adult) based on the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring, 4th edition.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Explain why training mentors leads to effective and safe mentoring relationships
- Apply adult learning theory and principles of effective training to the design of training sessions
- Design a training system that teaches mentors the knowledge, attitudes, and skills needed to build an effective and safe mentoring relationship within their program context
- Recognize the importance of using culturally appropriate language and tools for training program participants
- Apply the training standard from the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring, 4th edition to program practices
Intended audience: mentoring program staff, leadership, and board members
Tickets are limited! Purchase yours today!
No refunds will be issued.