San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We know that you believe trails count, so please join the Greenways Foundation at our “TRAILS count!” 2017 Greenways Luncheon. You are invited to celebrate with us on June 13 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Ritz Charles, 12156 North Meridian Street in Carmel.
The Greenways Foundation has served the State of Indiana for more than a decade as a non-profit organization promoting trails -- advocating, creating, developing and maintaining recreational and transportation trails across Indiana. The Foundation offers technical assistance, fund development, support, enhancement and operation of Indiana’s greenways, trails and connections. In addition, the Foundation has successfully partnered with the private sector to achieve our mission.
The Foundation’s successes during the last year have been numerous:
- The Greenways Foundation published and circulated a comprehensive statewide trails map to encourage Hoosiers to hit the trails near home and across the State
- The Foundation’s Grant programs uses the funds from the special Greenways Foundation license plate for grants to trails organizations and start-up grants to new trails groups. In 2016, $10,000 was awarded.
- Launched out Trails Challenge which encouraged participants to try out and use trails throughout the State.
- Through a partnership with the Indiana Parks and Recreation Association, the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, the Indiana State Board of Health, and Health By Design, the Foundation hosted an all-day Trails Gathering seminar. This brought together agencies, non-profits and advocates from throughout the state to plan, solve issues and set goals.
- Along with the Eppley Institute at Indiana University, the Greenways Foundation is leading a statewide trails counts beginning in March and concluding in September. This will provide much needed information about the impact and importance of trails in Indiana.
We look forward to seeing you in June! Sponsorship opportunities are available as well as individual tickets.