Trademark Basics: What Every Small Business Should Know Now, Not Later
Are you interested in learning more about trademark, then join us for this free 1 hour workshop where you will learn about the following:
- How do Trademarks, Copyrights, Domain Names, and Business Names Differ?
- Why is Federal Trademark Registration So Important?
- Critical Factors in Selecting a Strong Trademark for Any New Business
- Importance of a Complete Trademark Search
- How to Get Help with Your Application and Avoid "Scams"
Speaker: Jason Lott
Jason Lott is the Attorney Advisor for Trademark Educational Outreach at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) in Alexandria, Virginia. Working within the Office of the Commissioner for Trademarks, he assists the effort for increased USPTO educational activities in the area of trademark fundamentals. For four years prior, he spearheaded the Pro Se Video Work Project, tasked with creating multimedia-based trademark educational materials. He has been with the USPTO since 2000, previously serving as a Law Office Examining Attorney, and is a recipient of the Exceptional Career Award.
Mr. Lott earned his J.D. in 2000 from the Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University and his B.A., magna cum laude, in 1997 from Kenyon College. He is admitted to the bars of Ohio and the District of Columbia.