Tracking & Nature Connection - Deepening Skills, Fall 2014
Saturday, September 27, 2014 at 6:00 PM - Sunday, November 30, 2014 at 3:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This unique expansion of the Tracking and Nature Connection Essentials Series (TNC – Essentials) is offered exclusively to alumni, current students, and approved applicants with some previous tracking experience. Buliding upon the basic skills outlined in TNC – Essentials, participants of the Deepening Skills series will:
• Build confidence while accurately identifying track and sign using tools such as regional species lists, baseline gaits, tracking journals and sketches, plaster casts, predictions, soot trays, remote cameras, holistic sensory awareness, and good questions.
• Engage intimately with and learn from the animals and ecology of West Marin with exercises in trailing, aging, lacks and larders, map study, and ecological linking
• Work on the skill of trailing — following tracks in different substrates
• Discover the joy in the practice of being a deeply connected human again, while becoming a conscious part of this intricate web of relations
• Experience the language of birds in community through group sit spots, mappings, the Honoring Routine, personal projects, and inner tracking
• Connect more deeply with others in the tracking community with Saturday-evening potlucks, field-site campouts, and mentoring calls.
Each TNC – Deepening Skills day follows the TNC – Essentials Saturdays, beginning with a potluck dinner and on Saturday night, followed by an evening program and campout. The next morning, there is a field immersion through 3:30pm. Also included in the session is a mid-series mentoring call. All classes are held on the wild edges of Marin County, California. Read More About this Course
When & Where
Regenerative Design Institute at Commonweal Garden
Commonweal Garden is a holistic permaculture center developed for the protection and enhancement of human and environmental health. We inspire and educate those seeking practical solutions, deep nature connection, and personal transformation to build a more sustainable world for generations to come.