Actions and Detail Panel
Town Hopper Tours
Sat, September 17, 2016, 9:30 AM – 12:45 PM EDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Are you thinking about moving to a New York City 'suburb' like New Jersey? We're thinking about it too. (It's crucial to mention, we are not realtors and we don't sell homes. We don't profit in any way on the sale of any home.) Our mission is to show you neighborhoods andmake your due diligence faster and cheaper than if you were to rent a car and do it yourself.
Buying a home is a big deal. Understandably, real estate agents want you to narrow down your search to a specific area, but how do you know the area you want, when you've only visited one or two neighborhoods, popped into an open house, or mostly done your research online? There's no substitute for seeing your options in person. And there's no faster or more economical way to do that than to town hop with us.
Our next tour is on Saturday, September 17th from 9:30 am till 12:45 pm-ish. The theme of the tour is towns in Essex County that are within a 1-hour train commute from New York City. We will visit Bloomfield, Glen Ridge, Maplewood , Montclair, and South Orange. In an effort to show you as much as possible in the most efficient way possible, our tour takes place from a luxury mini bus. We will make one 10-minute stop along the way to stretch our legs but otherwise we'll be perusing the sites as we go. Please note: while we love children, this tour is for adults only.
In the days before the tour, you will be emailed the meeting spot near Newark Penn Station. Please arrive by 9:30 am. The tour will leave at 9:45 am and we will not be able to wait for anyone who is running behind.
We can help address your important concerns:
- What schools will your child likely be assigned to? What do the schools look like?
- What are the after school options?
- What's the difference in property taxes among New Jersey towns?
- What do you get for your money in Montclair Vs. Maplewood or another town?
- What do homes in similar price points look like in the different areas?
- How long might your daily commute to New York City take?
- Will you need a car (or 2?) or can you walk to supermarkets, restaurants, and shops
- Is there a wait list for parking permits at the train station?
We can also help you to immerse yourself in the experience:
- Is this area quiet enough for you? Is it busy enough?
- What do you think of how the neighbors maintain their properties?
- Would you feel comfortable with your child walking unaccompanied?
- Do you see many "for sale" or "foreclosure" signs dotting the lawns?
- Can you picture yourself at that coffee shop or perusing local stores?
- Does online grocery shopping deliver to your prospective area?
- Do you like the condition and activity in the parks and public spaces?
- Is the exterior of the library what you expected based on the online pics?
What Happens when I make my online reservation?
- When you complete your reservation online you will receive an automated confirmation securing your spot on our tour on your selected date. In the days in advance of the tour, we will email you with our designated meeting spot at Newark Penn Station and board a luxury mini bus together.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Within 2 weeks of your tour date, tickets are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled. All tours run regardless of weather conditions. We cannot issue refunds for people who arrive late and/or no-shows. Due to the attention, organization, and small group size of each tour, it's important to take careful note of our cancellation policy.
Cancellations must be communicated by email to the address listed in your confirmation email (which is townhoppertours [at] gmail.com) no less than 14 days before your scheduled tour date to request and receive a full refund. Any requests received with less than 14-days written (email) notice will not be refunded or rescheduled. Refunds will be issued to the same credit card from which the payment was made. Please remember, we cannot issue refunds for late or no-shows.
If you have any questions please call (917) 202-8514 or email townhoppertours [at] gmail.com.
Can I bring my child?
- Children ages 12-and-up are allowed on the tour provided they are accompanied by an adult and a ticket has been purchased for the child.
What if I'm late?
- Yikes! We cannot wait. Town Hopper Tours is the most effective way for people to visit several New Jersey towns in a short amount of time. We are conscientious that some town hoppers have hired babysitters that must be relieved at a set time, and others have their own timing needs. Therefore, please be on time. Your only recourse could be to meet us at a New Jersey town as we prepare to drive up to it, then you may hop on. We cannot issue refunds for late arrivals who miss the bus and/or no-shows.
Do I have to reserve? Can't I just show up and pay in cash?
- Tickets for all tours must be purchased in advanced and online. We keep the tours purposely cozy and seating is limited. If you'd like to attend, it's advised you make your reservation early and keep our cancellation policy in mind.
The tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- Yes! When a tour sells out, we start a waiting list. If you're receiving a notification that there aren't any seats left, please email us at townhoppertours [at] gmail.com and we will let you know if something becomes available.
How much walking is involved?
- None, really. We will meet at a designated spot at Newark Penn Station where we will board the bus together. Near the half-way mark we will stop to stretch our legs and there will be a 10-minute break to grab a quick drink and use the restroom. Then it's back on the bus. The tour runs from 9:45 am sharp till around 12:45 pm. Please plan to arrive at 9:30 am; we leave at 9:45 am and are unable to wait for anyone who is running late.
Are you going to push me toward a neighborhood or home? You're not in cahoots with a realty are you?
- Nope. We are not realtors and we don't sell homes. We don't profit in any way on the sale of any property. We're a couple who, much like you, has been considering buying a home in New Jersey and are sharing our learnings with you in the most time efficient and cost efficient way that we can think of.
I have more questions. Who can help me?
- We're happy to help you! Call us at 917-202-8514 or email townhoppertours [at] gmail.com.