San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Are you interested in being a physician or dentist? Want to know what it takes to get into medical school?
The Tour for Diversity in Medicine will launch its third bus tour the week of February 11 by traveling to six Texas universities to mentor minority students interested in pursuing careers in medicine and dentistry.
Supported by a grant from the Aetna Foundation, the full-day workshop at each school will cover a variety of topics from the medical application process to choosing the right specialty to an overview of health disparities. Students will have the opportunity to interact with physicians, dentists and medical students and hear their stories about how they overcame obstacles to pursue a career in health care.
Join us for this FREE workshop that is open to all undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students. Limited spots are available, so advance registration is required. Visit http://tour4diversity.org/event/february-2013-tour/ to register.
The Tour for Diversity in Medicine will travel to the following universities in Texas:
- Monday, February 11 - The University of Texas at El Paso
- Tuesday, February 12 - The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Wednesday, February 13 - Texas A&M International University, Laredo
- Thursday, February 14 - Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Friday, February 15 - Prairie View A&M University
- Saturday, February 16 - Texas Southern University, Houston
When & Where
Tour For Diversity
The Tour for Diversity in Medicine is made possible with support from the Aetna Foundation, U.S. Army, Association of American Medical Colleges, American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine and American Dental Education Association.