Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Taste of Translation and Linguistics (TOTAL) is a five-day course designed to help you determine if Bible translation, linguistics, and cross-cultural ministry are right for you.
The course includes introductory classes on Phonetics, Phonology, Grammar, Cultural Learning, Semantics, and sessions on Language Survey, EthnoArts, Literacy, and Technology. You’ll be challenged by a role-play situation and enjoy multi-cultural dinners and worship times together. And you’ll have opportunities to meet missionaries who have “been there” in Bible translation and support roles! Community living is available for you to have Bible studies, prayer time, and other chances to get to know fellow students.
- This event is recommended for those who are 18 years old and above. Minors may attend with a parent or legal guardian.
- General class sizes are 15–20 people.
- Housing and meals are provided.
- Cost is $325 Early registration $275 by 12/1/16
- TIU alumni are free, as long as they bring one person who has never attended. (contact the event coordinator for more details)
- Contact the event coordinator for special pricing for married couples.
- Discount for Perspectives Alums- if you have completed the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course, People Engagement is offering a $100 discount off of TOTAL It Up! tuition. Please contact the event coordinator for more details.
On our Wycliffe USA, Orlando campus you will enjoy access to our Wycliffe Discovery Center, Village Shop, and Cafe while enjoying Florida weather and landscape. You will also have opportunities to meet some members of our Wycliffe Leadership Team and many other staff members.
If you are planning to fly into Orlando, please select flights to the Orlando International Airport (MCO) as this is the airport from which we can provide transportation to our campus. Also please plan your flights to arrive before 2:00 PM on January 2 and depart after 3:00 PM on January 7. We hope you can join us for this challenging, exciting, and rewarding experience!
Please contact the event coordinator at Kristen_Flaniken@wycliffe.org if you have any questions. You may also reach her by phone at 407-852-3857.
***If someone will be attending with you, please be sure they register separately.