Taste of Translation and Linguistics (TOTAL) is a five-day course designed to help you determine if Bible translation, linguistics, and cross-cultural ministry are right for you.
The venue is on the beautiful campus of Lancaster Bible College just north of the city. Please arrive by 6 p.m. on Sunday night. We will end the course at 1 p.m. on Friday right after lunch is served. If you plan to fly or use other public transportation, please do not make any reservations until you contact the event coordinator to discuss possible options.
We hope you can join us for this challenging, exciting, and rewarding experience!
The course includes introductory sessions on phonetics, grammar, cultural learning, translation and language learning, with video and field reports from actual translation projects. We also offer special sessions on Ethnomusicology, Scripture Impact, Language Survey, Literacy and Computers in Translation! Community living offers you the opportunity to have prayer time and other chances to get to know staff and fellow students. We will also serve two authentic ethnic meals, including a "mumu" from Papua New Guinea and a typical meal from Peru.
- This event is recommended for those who are 18 or above. Minors may attend with a parent or legal guardian.
- General class sizes are 15–30 people.
- Housing and meals are provided.
- Cost is $325. Early registration of $275 by April 30th.
- TIU alumni are free, as long as they bring a friend (who pays full price) Contact the event coordinator for more details.
- Contact the event coordinator for special pricing for married couples.
- Discount for Perspectives Alums- if you have completed the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course, Wycliffe is offering a $100 discount off of TOTAL It Up! tuition. Please contact the event coordinator for more details.
Please contact the event coordinator at Janet_Morris@wycliffe.org if you have any questions. You may also contact her at email@example.com or reach her by phone at 717-806-8131.
***If someone will be attending with you, please be sure they register separately.