TOTAL It Up in California, will give you an interactive glimpse of the work of Bible translation around the world and provide an opportunity to learn basic elements of linguistics, translation and language learning. You won’t just hear about it; you’ll experience it through a variety of simulations. After spiritually and mentally challenging days, decide for yourself where you fit in Bible translation!
Classes: For a sample schedule for this event, contact Linda.
Evenings: After dinner, there are mini-sessions, field reports and more (no homework).
The course includes introductory sessions on phonetics, grammar, cultural learning, translation and language learning, with video and field reports from actual translation projects. We also offer special sessions on Ethnomusicology, Scripture Impact, Language Survey, Literacy and Computers in Translation! Community living offers you the opportunity to have prayer time and other chances to get to know staff and fellow students.
- This event is recommended for those who are 18 or above. Minors may attend with a parent or legal guardian.
- General class sizes are 15–40 people.
- Housing and meals are provided.
- Cost is $325. Early registration of $275 by June 30h.
- TIU alumni are free, as long as they bring a friend (who pays full price) Contact the event coordinator for more details.
- Contact the event coordinator for special pricing for married couples.
- Discount for Perspectives Alums-if you have completed the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course, Wycliffe is offering a $100 discount off of TOTAL It Up! tuition. Please contact the event coordinator for more details.
If you're planning to fly in for our event – plan to arrive at LAX (Los Angeles) by 2:30 pm on Tuesday.
We are excited about the group that God is bringing together for this special week in July!!! TOTAL It Up is held on the Biola University campus in conjunction with the Graduate program at the Cook School of Intercultural Studies.