TOTAL It Up! Extreme — North Carolina
Discover Bible translation at “TOTAL It Up! Extreme” (Taste of Translation and Linguistics), where intense learning meets interactive, outdoor fun!
During this five-day course, real-world translators introduce you to the ins and outs of Bible translation through fast-paced, stimulating presentations and fun class activities — all while living in the outdoors! Topics include grammar, phonetics and phonology, language and culture learning, translation and semantics, literacy and ethnomusicology, and sign-language translation.
This particular TOTAL It Up! course is extreme because you’ll be doing everything in the outdoors! You’ll live in a simulated village experience, sleep in a champa (a hut built 5 feet above the ground), sleep in a hammock, eat outdoors and attend the different sessions in an outdoor pavilion.
Come be inspired by the wealth of testimonies and videos that bridge the gap between academics and the real-world adventure of being a Bible translator. Plus, this outdoor-based experience will make this an exciting week you’ll never forget!
- This event is recommended for those who are 18 years old and above. Minors may attend with a parent or legal guardian.
- General class sizes are 15-20 people.
- Housing and meals are provided.
- Cost is $325 (early registration is $275, if you register by Feb. 6, 2017).
- TOTAL It Up! alumni may attend free of charge, as long as they bring one person who has never attended. Please contact the event coordinator for more details.
- Discount for Perspectives Alums — if you have completed the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course, Wycliffe is offering a $100 discount off TOTAL It Up! course fee. Please contact the event coordinator for more details.
- Contact the event coordinator for special pricing for married couples
Please contact the event coordinator at Andy_Ott@wycliffe.org if you have any questions. You can also contact the coordinator at TIU_Extreme@wycliffe.org.
Do not book a flight out of CLT earlier than 3:30 PM on 5/27!
At the Woods Center on the JAARS Campus, Waxhaw, NC. JAARS is located about 50 minutes from Charlotte Douglas International Airport.