Actions and Detail Panel
TOTAL It Up! - Dallas, TX - 05/15/17
Mon, May 15, 2017, 5:00 PM – Sat, May 20, 2017, 12:00 PM CDT
Taste of Translation and Linguistics (TOTAL) is a five-day course designed to help you determine if Bible translation, linguistics, and cross-cultural ministry are right for you.
The course includes introductory sessions on phonetics, grammar, cultural learning, translation and language learning, with video and field reports from actual translation projects. We also offer special sessions on Ethnomusicology, Scripture Impact, Language Survey, Literacy and Computers in Translation! Community living offers you the opportunity to have prayer time and other chances to get to know staff and fellow students.
Coming to a Dallas TIU! is a great opportunity to visit GIAL- Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics (www.gial.edu) and the International Linguistics Center (http://www.sil.org/history-event/international-linguistics- center)!
- This event is recommended for those who are 18 years old and above. Minors may attend with a parent or legal guardian.
- General class sizes are 15–20 people.
- Housing and meals are provided.
- TIU alumni are free, as long as they bring a friend (who pays full price) Contact the event coordinator for more details.
- Contact the event coordinator for special pricing for married couples.
- Discount for Perspectives Alums-- if you have completed the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course, People Engagement is offering a $100 discount off of TOTAL It Up! tuition. Please contact the event coordinator for more details.
Please contact the event coordinator at Carol_Kuiken@wycliffe.org if you have any questions. You may also call Carol at (214) 697-6526.
***If someone will be attending with you, please be sure they register separately.
(FYI - if you're planning to fly in to Dallas for our event, we do provide free airport pick-ups and drop-offs, at DFW or Love Field. Please schedule your arrival no later than 4 pm on Monday May 15 and schedule your departure no earlier than 4 pm on Saturday May 20. That will help us a lot, thanks!)