San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
TOOLS & TECHNIQUES FOR SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS GROWTH
Hear from a team of independent consultants with over 100 years in successful business growth.
1. How to develop a Competitive Strategy
At the cornerstone of a successful firm is a competitive strategy. But the problem is that most businesses do not have one. ‘In one global survey of senior executives conducted by PwC’s Strategy&, more than half of the 4400 respondents said they didn’t think they had a winning strategy’ (Source: Strategy That Works. Paul Leinwand Et al.). This presentation will demonstrate how to develop a competitive strategy.
2. Growth — Preparation is Everything (well almost)
At least 60% of growth projects fail in some major part. In the post mortem, almost half of executive leaders say that their change was made more difficult by not adequately understanding the starting situation of the business. The process of growing a business is made more difficult when you don’t understand where you are starting from.
In my experience, every organisation can be more successful at growth by taking 2 precautions:
- Understanding where it is starting from
- Taking steps to understand where it is throughout the process
This presentation will demonstrate how to prepare for growth.
3. Buy-In for Growth: Leadership Communication
It will never happen without communication! During this session, I will give you 3 practical tools for breaking down barriers to communication and buy-in:
- The importance of “why”
- The emotional rollercoaster — why it is important and what barriers it presents
- Tailoring your communications to all personality types.
This presentation will demonstrate how you get buy-in for growth - develop your team, build strong relationships and achieve your aims quickly and easily.
4. How to Focus Sales for Growth
You need more sales but you don’t have the time, resources or know-how to do it - and urgent daily activity is taking priority over longer term development. You may want bigger contracts and new markets. Or you may want to reduce the risk of depending on a few large clients. However you define it, you know that you need new sales growth.
Sales growth has its own set of risks. The biggest of these is focus. Johnston Horsburgh bring over 35 years of proven experience to help you navigate these risks in 3 ways:
- ‘A fresh pair of eyes’ help you identify sales growth options and new horizons - which markets are viable and why?
- ‘An extra pair of hands’ help you investigate new options without risking your existing business — leaving you free to focus on day-to-day sales and delivery
- Rapid delivery completed to deadline means that new business can grow alongside your current customer order book.
This presentation will demonstrate how to focus sales for growth.
5. i2Office for Growth
The problem is you are working from home. You are lonely and can’t concentrate - and you certainly can’t meet important clients in the kitchen or give out your post code. You know it’s bad for business but the scale of office overheads are daunting.
Well, not any more. You too can have a good address, professional service support and a vibrant independent work life at rates to suit the size of your business.
This presentation will demonstrate a number of options - including our Business Club Lounge and Virtual Office - which allow your small business to grow and punch above its weight with a cost effective and credible address.
And, if you want scalable physical space or a new location we can do that too.
SPEAKERS (in order of appearance)
- Joseph Pritchard - create value through strategy in any business
- Robin Johnson - delivers exceptional and rapid ROI through change and innovation
- Glen Maxwell-Heron - delivers a step change in productivity through individuals and teams
- Alasdair Johnston — very experienced director in new markets, new sales, new business
- Charles Fielder - industry professional in national serviced offices group — General Manager Bristol
- Kinny Chinangwa — MC, young entrepreneur and Development Manager
If you are not satisfied just speak to Elizabeth and your money will be refunded.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
A valid ticket allows you entry. But security precautions are taken at i2 Office reception so make sure your name is the same as the name on the ticket - or contact Elizabeth on 0117 955 8121 beforehand.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
i2 Office at One Temple Quay is 2 minutes from Rail and Bus links at Bristol Temple Meads Station: report to i2 Office reception on arrival. Allow 5 minutes extra to register and navigate the lifts. There is short and long stay car parking; no Blue Badge parking but flat access; please check APCOA, 0345 222 4224 for details - and bicycle racks are available on platform 3.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You can bring your normal office technology - phone or tablet - but please do not take photographs as it can be distracting for the speakers. The event will be filmed for promotional purposes so please speak to Elizabeth if you do not want to be on film and she can arrange your seating with that in mind.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, you make transfer your physical ticket to a colleague but we cannot issue another one. Please contact Elizabeth (details above) to confirm we have your name for security purposes.
Can I update my registration information?
Save This Event
When & Where
Temple Quarter Collective
Temple Quarter Collective presents a group of independent consultants with over 100 years strategic and operational experience in succesful business growth.