The Frontier and the Farmery are partnering on a Tomato Competition over the course of the summer.
Folks who register will plant their tomato plants on Saturday, 4/30 from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
There will be three categories: biggest, boldest and beautiful-est. The judging and announcing of winners will take place at The Frontier's normal happy hour on Thursday, 8/11 at 5:30pm. Each prize will receive $50 gift card to use at the Farmery. The Farmery will be open for brunch that morning, so even if you don't plant you can still come watch the fun and grab a bite to eat. (For this option, register below using the "Just Spectating" ticket.)
Everyone is welcome!
Overview of the process:
1. Register for "Participant." Boom easy, done.
2. Come pick up your participation packet on Wednesday, 4/27 at The Frontier from 11:00-1:00 (there will be a table near the entrance by the cicle drive). At this time you'll need to bring the $10 entry fee - cash only (we're working on a digital way to pay, but for now cash it is). Then, you will choose your plot - first come, first serve. Your picture will be taken to be displayed with your placard in front of your chosen plot.
3. You'll come to The Frontier on Saturday, 4/30 between 10:00-11:30 a.m. and plant your tomato plant. Tomato starters will be provided, but you are also allowed to bring your own varietal should you wish.
1. You can grow non-GMO or GMO plants, but no harmful fertilizers or insecticides may be used.
2. You can only occupy space that is within your specified plot.
3. You will decide on soil, pruning, etc, but we will install a self-watering system so you won't have to come by everyday.
4. You will need to outfit your own tools.