San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Statewide Issues Conference
Saturday, February 15th, 2014, 10am to 4pm
Shiloh Baptist Church, Baton Rouge, LA
A statewide gathering of faith and community from across our State for analysis and education on key that will be dealt with in the 2014 legislative session.
Speakers and Presenters Include:
- Mr. John Barry, renowned historian and leading figure behind a wetlands-related lawsuit, on the Wetlands and the Environment in Louisiana.
- Mr. David Hood, former LA Sec of Health and Hospitals, on Healthcare and Medicaid Expansion.
- Judge Fredericka "Ricky" Wicker, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal and LA Sentencing Commission, on Mass Incarceration in Louisiana.
- Mr. Jan Moller, Louisiana Budget, on the State Budget and its Tax Giveaways.
- Dr. John Anderson, Faculty Senate President at the Univ. of LA at Monroe, on Higher Ed Funding.
- General Russel Honore on the role of citizen leadership at this moment in our state.
"Civic Academies" Covering:
- Payday Lending in Louisiana
- Our State Budget and its Tax Giveaways
- Crime & Mass Incarceration in Louisiana
- Healthcare, the Uninsured & Medicaid Expansion
- Higher Education Funding in Louisiana
- Work, Wages & Economic Inequality in Louisiana
- The Wetlands & Environmental Issues in Louisiana
When & Where
Together Louisiana is a statewide network of more than 200 religious congregations and citizens' organizations across Louisiana, representing 200,000 people. We seek to be a voice for citizens across our state, research issues and taking action to improve the quality of life for all Louisiana residents.