Online registration is closed now. Walk -in registration is available on site.
When: Saturday, January 7, 2017 from 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Registration opens at 7:00 AM)
Where: Cal Maritime Academy, 200 Maritime Academy Drive, Vallejo, CA 94590
Please plan to carpool as parking is limited. Overflow lots require payment.
Keynote Speaker: RITA BARBER, Visionary Presentation Strategist for Executives and Corporate Teams, Workshop Facilitator, Speaker and District Governor for District 4 Toastmasters
We are looking for volunteers to help out!
NOTE: There is NO lunch. We will provide a lite breakfast and some type of snack between classes.
*Attendance is expected for club officers and required for DCP credit.
Why should our District 57 club officers attend the TLI?
As an officer, you have made a commitment to the members to guide your club to success. In Toastmasters, success is being awarded President’s Distinguished Club status. Attending the TLI will give you the opportunity to learn the tools of your officer’s role to support your club’s success.
What is the theme of this year’s TLI?
Pathways to Excellence is the theme for this Institute. It’s a takeoff on TMI’s newly revamped education track, Pathways – designed so that members can achieve their education and leadership goals faster. Knowledgeable Pathways guides will stop by President and VP/Education trainings to share insights and answer questions.
What is the class line-up this year?
There are two breakout sessions for classes – at 9:50 am and 10:55 am. All seven club officer roles will have training classes in both sessions. These include President, VP/Education, VP/Membership, VP/Public Relations, Secretary, Treasurer and Sergeant-at-Arms. You can choose to attend your officer training and an elective that is of interest to you during either session.
Can you tell us what special elective classes will be offered this year?
I’m especially excited about our electives line-up this January. We have:
- Advanced Leadership Q&A – Seasoned club officers ask questions, discuss club challenges & best practices. Presented by TLI Keynote Speaker, Rita Barber.
- Going Beyond Your Club: International Speaking – Ways to expand your club’s reach by speaking around the world.
- Membership Retention Through Mentorship – Techniques on how to retain members.
- Speech Craft – How to organize a Speech Craft for your club.
- Finding New Members For Your Club – New ideas on where and how to find new recruits to join your club.
- Youth Leadership – Giving back to your community by teaching middle school students about Toastmasters.
Can any District 57 Toastmasters attend the TLI?
District 57’s Winter 2017 Toastmasters Leadership Institute is open to all. We’ve even had a class of students attend from a local college previously. Why not bring a friend(s)? Oh and pastries and coffee will be served.
For Additional Information, Please Email/Call:
Kevin Thornton, TLI Chair