Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Club officer trainings are provided by the district twice yearly. The goal of the training is to provide club officers with knowledge and tools to help their respective clubs have more satisfied members, exciting club meetings, new members and more Distinguished Clubs.
In order to receive Distinguished Club Program (DCP) Credit, at least 4 club officers are required to attend. Toastmaster’s members not holding club office but interested in learning about or improving their Toastmasters leadership and communication skills may attend.
Three trainings are being offered within the counties of Delaware: New Castle, Kent and Sussex.
For safety and compliance with fire marshals, we will strictly adhere to the room capacity for each location. Therefore, registration is limited to the number of tickets available.
Club Officers should carefully register for the training they wish to attend and make every effort to attend on the date selected. Emergencies do arise, so we kindly ask that if you are unable to attend the training for which you have registered that you contact the Division A Director, Marion Boatwright, as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can cancel your order with Event Brite.
The content of this training session was determined from member’s comments on event evaluations within Division A.
The curriculum for the Winter Club Officer Training is as follows:
- Membership: Retaining & Recruiting (1 hr)
- Electronic Tools: Explore Free Toast Host, Easy Speak and Toastmasters International websites (1 hr)
- Break: 15 minutes
- Demystifying Club Contests: (45 minutes)
- Club Officer Breakout session: (1 hr)
Materials to bring with you:
- $5 cash donation to help cover the cost of refreshments.
- Print your own handouts and bring with you. We will not have printouts for you at the traiing. Presentations can be found using the following link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B63Q_9Z6nERySk5CREQyUHdQUlE. To print the handouts in PowerPoint, click File, Click Print, under Settings under "Full page slides" click the drop-down to select the number of slides you wish to print per page and then click Print. Alternatively, you can download to your electronic device of choice.
- Distinguished Club Program and Club Success Plan Manual (Item 1111).
- Your club's DCP report in printed form. To obtain, go to www.toastmasters.org, click the Leadership Central tab, Click on Distinguished Performance Reports, EITHER enter your club number in the "Club Search" field and then click the magnifying glass, print the report *** OR*** Use the drop-down option of the field labeled "Select a District" and choose as appropriate, Click on your club name and print the report).
- Warmth within conference rooms vary. Please dress in layers or bring a warm sweater or jacket.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Registration desk opens at 12:30 pm.
- We are meeting in the Auditorium.
- To enter the parking lot, drive past the university and do a U-turn.