Titanium Mobile Development Course
Monday, February 18, 2013 at 8:30 AM - Friday, February 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM (PST)
Mountain View, CA
Please note: This course descriptions on this page will be updated soon. This 4-day class has been changed to 5-days to include all of the exciting updates from our recent 3.0 release. Stay tuned!
This five-day hands-on instructor-led class will equip developers with all the knowledge needed to develop, design and implement best-of-breed mobile applications for iOS and Android devices with the Titanium Mobile platform. At the end of this course, participants will have an opportunity to become certified, enhancing their portfolio as qualified Titanium Mobile Development (TMD).
This course covers all topics in both the Titanium Certified Development (TCD) and the Titanium Certified Expert(TCE) courses.
We'll first introduce developers with the requisite knowledge needed to master key Titanium APIs and to understand the end-to-end process of developing a cross-platform Titatnium Mobile Applicaiton for both iOS and Android devices.
Developers will then experience a deeper understanding of Titanium Mobile platform by exploring the advanced development techniques necessary to build attractive best-of-breed mobile applications using a wide range of cross-platform and platform-specific device APIs.
At the conclusion of this class, students will be given the opportunity to take the Titanium Certified Mobile Developer (TCMD) exam.
- Titanium Certified Application Developer (TCAD) certification preferred
- Laptop with functional Titanium Studio with either/both Android SDK tools and/or iOS SDK supported versions installed.
- Optional: Bring Android and/or iOS devices, along with tethering cables to class
- Titanium Studio can be downloaded at http://www.appcelerator.com/products/download/
- (Recommended) Register for Android Market and iOS Dev Center accounts.
- Note: You will need to pay the respective developer account fees to Apple & Google (either individual/team/company accounts). These accounts are necessary in order to complete the new Deploy & Distribute module lab but not necessary to take the course.
Alloy OverviewModels and CollectionsNetworkingMultimediaFilesystem
Geolocation & MappingACSWeb ContentDebugging & ToolsDeploying for TestingPublishingCertification Exam Attempt
(Approximately 60% lecture; 40% hands-on lab)
|Performance and Optimization||60 min|
|Mobile User Experience Design||90 min|
|Advanced UI Development||60 min|
|Table Views||60 min|
|Scroll Views||60 min|
|User Input Collection||60 min|
|Gestures/Orientation Change||60 min|
|(Approximately 40% lecture; 60% hands-on lab)||(Approx. Duration)|
|iOS API Deep Dive||90 min|
|Android API Deep Dive||90 min|
|Using Modules in Your Apps||30 min|
|Extending Titanium||30 min|
|Office Hours||60 min|
|Certification Exam Attempt||90 min|