TIN Matching & B Notices - How to minimize the paperwork from complaints on IRS information returns
Monday, August 5, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
This IRS regulatory compliance training will explain the TIN matching system best practices to eliminate form 1099 reporting errors. It will also provide you the tools to effectively handle B- Notices in order to avoid fines and penalties.
Why Should You Attend:
How do you know your vendor’s W-9s are correct? What are the consequences of filing incorrect name and ID numbers on their 1099s?
In just 60 minutes, you can begin to develop a solid plan to move your company toward near absolute regulatory compliance, efficiency improvements, standardized processes and adequate documentation to ensure your 1099s contain accurate information that will agree with the IRS’s records. You will all but eliminate your B-Notices from the IRS!
This webinar highlights the opportunities to reduce the risk of being out of compliance with your Form 1099 reporting requirements with the Internal Revenue Service. This session will discuss registration with the IRS, the two methods you may use to perform electronic Name/Taxpayer Identification Number matching. It will also discuss best practices protocols for handling CP-2100 notification from the IRS regarding Name/TIN mismatches on your forms 1099, 1098, etc (commonly known as B-Notices). Understand the difference between and 1st and 2nd B-Notice and the related differences in required vendor responses.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Starter Question: What is TIN Matching?
- Who must request access to the TIN Match system?
- How do we register to use the system?
- How does the TIN Match system work?
- What are the best practices for managing 1099 reporting requirements?
- How do I deal with vendors who report incorrect information on their W-4’s?
- B-Notices: when I receive a letter from the IRS stating I have incorrect names/TINS on my 1099’s, what must I do and what about the deadlines?
- What if I receive a Notice of Proposed Penalty?
Attend this webinar and you will learn the answers to all of these questions!
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.