Tighten It UP! Data Security, Privacy and Safety for Agents
Thursday, November 12, 2015 from 1:30 PM to 4:45 PM (EST)
Metro Brokers Academy is bringing in a nationally recognized trainer, Juanita McDowell, for this 3-hour CE approved specialty course for only $20! This is money well-spent to learn about this very relevant topic from a fantastic instructor!
From the web to the front door, there are safety measures real estate agents must take daily while using their cell phones and social media. In this class students will learn about the latest “digital” hacks in the real estate community as well as privacy concerns (per the GA Law) when they collect a consumer’s “personal” information. This class also covers safety tips and technology, including the use of wearables and apps that could save a life. Says Realtor Patricia T., “This class was very informative. A lot of scary stuff, but so real and true. It should be a required class for all of us!”
Partial list of topics:
- Latest Scams to Hit Real Estate Agents and Real Estate Firms across the Country
- Why You Should Avoid Using a Free Wi-Fi Network
- Dangers of Publishing Your Personal Cell Phone Number
- Tech Talk - Digital Safety for Agents (Using wearable technology and apps to stay safe)
- How to Send an Encrypted Email to Your RE Client in Outlook and Gmail
- Free Apps are Never Free
- The Weakest Link in Your Security Chain is…
- How to Hack into a Mobile Phone in Under 2 Minutes – Watch me!
- How to Know When Your Cell Phone has been Hacked
- Press the Button – An Alternative to Using a Safety App
Says One Student:
“The class was very informative; scary at times when I think of my own vulnerability. My past life was an IT professional and so much of that world has evolved. You really have to stay on top of it to know what you don’t know about the technology we now have at our fingertips. Thanks so much for teaching an energized class!”
Says Juanita McDowell, Instructor
This is probably the most important course I’ve ever designed and delivered. In preparation for this class, I enrolled in Hacker Training. What I’ve learned has definitely made me Tighten it Up!
When & Where
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers is a full-service real estate brokerage with more than 1700 sales associates, each with access to 25 offices throughout metro Atlanta and North Georgia. The company commits its resources to providing the finest environment for its real estate agents including technology, training and marketing.