Thursday After Work Show and Go!
Every Thursday until the weather or sunlight stops us!
Arrival Time: Bike check is at 5:45 pm.
Departure time: 6:00 pm Sharp
End Time: 8:00 PM
Start Location: LaRabida Hospital Parking Lot
Ride Description: This is a no drop ride. The pace is typically 12-15 mph, depending on who shows up.
Unwind after work on your bike on the lake front path. Distance ranges between 10-20 miles depending on who shows up.
Please contact the ride leader if the weather seems iffy. (Rain) Don't assume that the ride will go. It's better to call to be sure.
Ride leader - Caliph Jackson (773) email@example.com
Remember our ride guidelines. http://majortaylorchicago.com/ride-rules/
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL MAJOR TAYLOR CHICAGO RIDES!
WHAT TO BRING TO AN MTC3 RIDE:
Part of being a good cyclist is having the tools and accessories necessary to be self-sufficient, safe, and ready to ride. Below is a general list of items to bring and a to-do list to be ready for an MTC3 ride.
- Gear Bag: buy a gear bag (saddle bag is recommended) and stock it with the basics – extra tube,tire tools, a small multi-tool, and either a mini-pump or a CO2 cartridge set.
- Tire Pressure: pump your tires up before coming to the ride, or bring a floor pump that you can use in the parking lot before the ride. If you need help, MTC3 ride leaders will be there to help you learn.
- Your bike: Give it a quick inspection. Spin the wheels to make sure they aren’t rubbing. Do the gears shift accurately and easily? Does everything seem to be in order? This is called an ABC check. (Air, Brakes, and Chain)
- Hydration/Food: Remember to bring water/sports drink and maybe an energy snack (bar, gel, banana, etc).
- Optional items: The following will make your ride more enjoyable, but aren’t absolutely necessary. Cycling gloves, sunglasses, cycling shoes and clipless pedals, padded cycling shorts.
- Be on Time: MTC3 rides leave promptly at the advertised time. Get to the start of the ride with plenty of time to get yourself and your bike ready to roll with soul!