San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Welcome to the Circle!
Thistle Farms regularly hosts Education Workshops for those interested in our model. Over the past several years, we have welcomed thousands of visitors to these immersion days and two national conferences. The workshops offer a forum for sharing best practices for organizations to help women recover and heal from trafficking, addiction, and prostitution. Participants join our morning meditation circle, tour the facility, meet the staff, participate in a Q&A with our program team, and hear from our founder Becca Stevens.
Preparing for the Workshop:
Prior to your visit, we encourage you to read the following books: 1). Find Your Way Home, written collaboratively by Becca Stevens and the community of Magdalene and includes 24 principles for healing that are the foundation of the orgainzation; and 2) Snake Oil - The Art of Healing and Truth-Telling, written by Becca Stevens, weaves together the beginnings of Thistle Farms with individual stories from her own journey as well as 20 women in the community. She tells how the women she began helping almost 20 years ago have been the biggest source of her own healing. Both books are available for sale at thistlefarms.org.
Workshop Schedule (subject to change):
8:30 am - 9:00 am
- Meet at Thistle Stop Cafe, check in and get settled (Thistle Stop Cafe opens at 8:00 am so you can grab a cup of coffee & pastry before the workshop!)
- Welcome & Meditation Circle
- Reflection read from "Find Your Way Home"
- Greetings and introductions
- Morning Program Begins
- Social Enterprise overview from Becca Stevens
- Attendees divide into groups for tours of Thistle Farms and Magdalene Program Offices
- Lunch provided at our own Thistle Stop Cafe
- Afternoon Program Begins
- Magdalene Program Overview and in-depth Q&A discussion led by members of our Program team.
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Time to SHOP & continue Q&A with program staff in smaller groups for those interested
- Workshop ends; Thistle Stop Cafe Closes at 3:00 pm
- Thistle Farms storefront closes
Expect a busy and crowded, but casual and intimate environment.
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
5612 Lenox Avenue
Nashville, TN 37209
HOLIDAY INN VANDERBILT
2613 West End Avenue
Nashville, TN 37203
EMBASSY SUITES VANDERBILT
Nashville, TN 37203
SCARRITT BENNETT CENTER
1008 19th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37212
CANCELLATION and REFUND POLICY: A full refund is available until two weeks prior to the workshop (October 31st). After that date, all registration fees are non-refundable as we will have finalized our headcount for catering and materials.
When & Where
Thistle Farms is a social enterprise of women who have survived prostitution, trafficking, poverty and addiction. The women earn income from making all-natural bath and body products. Your purchase helps sustain the well-being of residents and graduates of our 2-year residential program as well as many individuals and communities throughout the world.