Actions and Detail Panel
This Is Hunger, NJ: JFCS @ Adath Israel Congregation
Thu, March 23, 2017, 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM EDT
Stories about hunger. In their own words.
This Is Hunger is a powerful and interactive exhibit, housed in a big rig, that takes individuals on a journey—one that that will challenge their beliefs about who in America struggles with hunger and why, and inspire them to take action.
*Please Note: This Is Hunger is a 45-minute timed-entry experience for 30 guests, and we will begin promptly at the scheduled time.
Food donations requested- please bring non-perishable-Kosher- food items
Please contact Lisa Adler Coordinator, Community Engagement & Volunteers at JFCS at (609) 987-8100 X113 or email email@example.com for help with registration or questions about the schedule.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- Guests are highly encouraged to arrive 15 minutes early. Guests arriving later than 5 minutes past their reserved time slot will not be admitted.
- We will make every effort to accommodate walk-ins, but availability cannot be guaranteed.
- Due to security concerns, it is always best to call ahead if you do not have a reservation.
- A maximum of 30 people are allowed on the truck during each time slot.
- Recommended for school groups in 6th grade and above.
- Parents, at their discretion, are welcome to bring children of all ages to visit the truck as a family. Please be advised that this is a museum environment and includes a 14-minute audio-visual experience during which guests will be asked to sit quietly.
- There will be an ADA lift available to enter the truck. If you anticipate needing to use the lift instead of the stairs, please arrive at the truck 5-10 minutes early.
- In the case of inclement weather, please call the venue. If they are closed, then This Is Hunger is also closed.
- No food or drink allowed in trailer.