San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Rules of Gender:
Pressures, rules, rhetoric and aesthetics
of femininity in an evolving world
Dr. Laura Gronewold, Director of Education, Ben’s Bells
- Women and the Professional Realm
- Masculinity in Contemporary Society
- Women and Relationships: Family, marriage, dating, single life
- Women and Health: Health care, health, and caregiving
- Women and Image: Body, media, and aesthetics
- Women and Spiritual life: Faith, Spirituality, Meditation, and Mindfulness
Sponsors: Multicultural Affairs, the Division of Languages and Letters, the Office of Alumni Relations, Student Affairs, the Deville School of Business, and Huntington Bank
Building off of the last two years’ theme of Empowering Female Leaders and Gender in Today’s World, this year’s conference will continue in that effort while also encouraging discussion about the pressures and rules that influence women’s lives. While we live in a world in which women may live outside of the norms of traditional femininity, deviating from these scripted narratives still results in serious, gendered consequences for women in today’s society. Our work this year will explore the hidden rules and pressures that lead women to conform, experience judgment, and judge themselves in hopes of developing a healthier society for and among women.
For more information, please email email@example.com.