Actions and Detail Panel
Third Annual SW WAVE Women's Walk
Sat, March 25, 2017, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
Wear a purple shirt and join WAVE for our Third Annual WAVE Women’s Walk in honor of Women’s History Month. Track your distance and make a charitable donation using the Charity Miles app! Those who register groups of 4 or more walkers and track their distance using Charity Miles on team #waveofverizon2017 will be entered into a drawing to receive Verizon Water Bottles (winner to be selected April 1).
The official timeframe of the event is March 25 from 11a-12p - however, your location's group walk may have selected a different timeframe that better suits the group's needs. Please reach out to your local WAVE POC for more details.
Before your walk, download the app "Charity Miles" - available in the App Store and Google Play. Once you have downloaded and installed the app, and created an account, please do the following:
1. Open App
2. Select the menu icon in the top left (it looks like a runner)
3. Select "Teams"
4. Select "search for a team"
5. Type: waveofverizon2017
6. Join team
As you begin your group walk, please do the following:
1. Open Charity Miles app
2. Select the Charity you wish to walk for from the list.
3. Select "Outdoor Walk/Run"
4. Watch/View the ad - this is the company that is sponsoring your walk and will donate to the charity you selected based on the distance of your walk.
5. If you see a popup asking for GPS permissions, please enable.
6. Start to walk!
7. When you are done with your walk, don't forget to hit the Stop (red square) icon to record your distance!
Do not forget to wear purple to show solidarity and take photos - whether it's a group photo or you want to show your individual walk, we'd love to see them!