Actions and Detail Panel
Thinking Beyond the 3R's
Sat, April 8, 2017, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM CDT
If you’ve ever wanted to start your students thinking about trash and recycling, but didn’t know where to begin, we have something for you. This FREE workshop will
provide you with the resources, tools, and knowledge you need to bring solid-waste
related topics like recycling, composting, and household hazardous waste, into your classroom and empower students to make change in their community.
The “Thinking Beyond the 3R’s” workshop was developed to assist educators in
curriculum support, implementing special projects, and creating behavioral changes that promote wise resource use in schools throughout the greater St. Louis region. We encourage educators from all schools, subjects, and grade-levels to attend.
In this workshop, you’ll:
• Get a full understanding of what happens when we throw things “away.”
• Build confidence in your own content knowledge.
• Learn best practices to encourage environmental stewardship in students.
• Develop students’ problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Help students plan, implement, and evaluate projects with real-world impacts.
• Access cross-curricular, inquiry-based materials and lesson plans
One lucky attendee will earn a field trip to the landfill for 1 class!