Do You Have a Foundation for Running a Strategic Thinking Workshop?
Strategic Thinking is a cognitive process for scanning competitive environment, assimilating and analyzing data, drawing sound conclusions about a situation, building a desired future state, and a plan for how best to proceed.
It is a necessity for enabling better business outcome - especially in a complex, volatile and ever-changing environment.
Come and get an 'on the job' training now so you can confidently lead your clients through their first planning session with that very first opportunity!
Who Should Attend?
TAD Certified Partners, who provide management consultancy through strategy development and/or management work will benefit from this workshop.
In this powerful three-hour workshop, you will experience workshop pre-work, preparation steps and a simulated workshop leveraging TAD methodology, tools, techniques and software. Through a combination of lecture, discussion and case study work and simulation, you will be able to:
- Describe strategic thinking, differentiate it from strategic planning, and explain its relevance for organizational decision-making,
- Recognize thinking habits and biases that work for you and against you and develop skills to reduce the negative impacts of bias,
- Apply TAD methodology and tools to drive decision-making,
- Use scenario planning to envision future states and develop questions that allow you to test implications.
Participants will experience Competency Assessment, MVVP and SWOT completion as a part of their pre-work.
- Video: What's a Strategy? - To come at a later time.
- Video: Embrace Your Role in Strategy - To come at a later time.
- In Class:
- Strategy Development Overview
- Client Session Prep Overview
- How to Quote a Strategic Planning Session
- Client Onboarding Steps to get TAD set up
- How to Send Pre-work
- Experience a Workshop ('Scultpro')