Actions and Detail Panel
The Window of Tolerance and Resourcing Workshop
Fri, April 21, 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
- 6 CE's approved by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage & Family Therapy Board
- Participants will develop a comprehensive understanding of the Window of Tolerance, the AIP Model (Adaptive Information Processing) and it’s psychological value.
- Participants will learn how to recognize when a client is inside/outside his or her Window of Tolerance and the Art of Sensing.
- Participants will be able to define, conceptualize, and apply a set of psychological resources specifically designed to assist clients when outside of their window of tolerance.
- Strengthen/enhance the client’s already present strengths
- Help the client to shift from one state to another
- Help client to manage high levels of distress using resources
- Learn to keep client “on board” to allow continued processing of disturbing material
- Participants will be able to identify and assess a client’s character strategies and the function those strategies serve.
- Participants will be able to define and assess a client’s processing style.
- Participants will develop a toolbox of practical resources
- Cognitive resources, emotional resources, somatic resources, relational resources, spiritual resources, creative resources, environmental resources, material resources, imaginary resources
- Participants will learn to assess, apply and demonstrate several different types of resources by participating in role-playing exercises.