What makes a nation and who counts in the "we"? What happens when migration and a refugee crisis forces us to redefine the nation?
Join faculty from The New School for Social Research and University of Toronto as they discuss what defines national identity, how our imagined communities are impacting elections around the globe, and how violence and migration often go hand in hand.
Lunch will be served.
- Benoit Challand, Professor of Sociology, The New School for Social Research
- Anna Korteweg, Professor of Sociology, University of Toronto
- Phil Triadafilopoulos, Professor of Politics, University of Toronto
- Deva Woodly, Professor of Politics, The New School for Social Research
- Moderator: Courtney Jung, Professor of Politics, University of Toronto
Brought to you by the University of Toronto and The New School for Social Research