The Trevor Project: CARE Training - How to Support LGBTQ Youth
Connect, Accept , Respond, Empower (CARE): How to Support LGBTQ Youth
The Trevor Project’s CARE Training is an interactive and intensive training that provides adults with an overview of suicide among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth and the different environmental stressors that contribute to their heightened risk for suicide.
After participating in this training participants will be able to:
• Discuss the unique challenges facing LGBTQ youth in their home, school and other environments.
• Explain the risk factors and warning signs of suicide
• Describe how to respond to a youth who is at risk for suicide and connect them to appropriate resources
• Explain how to create supportive environments for all youth that promote resiliency and decrease the risk for suicide.
• Describe the services offered by The Trevor Project and how youth can access them