The Takeover Worship Conference 2017 presented by Guerrilla Praise is a worship conference like no other. We aim to equip the masses with weapons to battle spiritual warfare. In Deuteronomy 11:23 it tells us “Then the Lord will drive out all the nations ahead of you, though they are much greater and stronger than you, and you will take over their land.” Moses is talking to all of Israel here symbolizing the power of God and how it can overcome what is seemingly greater and stronger than you. At this conference you will gain knowledge and tools you can use as a believer or nonbeliever to overcome the powers of this world and be a better servant of God. This is a free event but you must register to ensure your spot. The following sessions will be available.
Worship Ministry: Where do I fit in?
- Scripture Reference: 1 Cor 12:1-31 NLT
- Create your personal vision encompassing the outward and inward appearance of your relationship with Christ. It must go beyond religion.
- Define roles and responsibilities in ministry by characterizing personality traits and natural tendencies.
- Improve personal development strategies in the body of Christ as it relates to servanthood.
Theology of Worship
- Scripture Reference: Rom 12:1
- A book list will be posted and people can come and share their favorite excerpts or post summaries for people to read based on the theology of worship
- Learn the meaning of common terminology of Christian culture
- Bible drills
- Panel discussion
- Live and interactive blogging and microblogging
Health and Wellness
- Scripture Reference: 1 Cor 6:19-20
- Vocal health for singers
- Heart disease addressed by the American Heart Association
- First aid and CPR classes
Basic Music Theory
- Musicians and singers learn common chord progressions in gospel/christian music
- Transcription techniques for teaching songs and parts to the music ministry
- Basic ministry operations and vision execution
- Ministry finance
- Ministry marketing and advertising, including social media
- Encourage attendees to post pics and video and tag the Guerrilla Praise Facebook page or use #thetakeover or simply #guerrillapraise in all social media outlets
- Create a core team to do the above on purpose to upload and engage in real time
- Setup a bloggers corner where people can blog on their own site or register as a contributor on the Guerrilla Praise site. Just need a designated moderator
- Will hold basic worship media training classes before the event for core team
- Will post a survey monkey survey to assess needs of local Christians
- Attendees can join a “group me” texts group designated for prayer requests or inspirational quotes or song requests
- Attendees can join the email group or the “snail mail” group
Corporate Worship Songs
We will have a song writing session before the event and then teach it to the congregation later during corporate worship time by having someone initiate a song on purpose known or unknown to most but simple enough to teach
Enjoy gospel music at it’s finest with The Gospel Jam presented by Guerrilla Praise. Feel free to jump, shout, dance, and praise in your own way. Come and get your praise on. Free admission.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
All ages are welcome as long as they can attend a 30-60 minute session without causing a disruption. No ID is required, just name.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There are city buses that let out in front of Northcross Mall and plenty of free parking in front of the building.
What can I bring into the event?
Bring a smartphone or tablet for interactive sessions.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Call Monae Miller at 972-275-9308 or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org