Actions and Detail Panel
The Table Conference 2017: Growing Through Suffering
Fri, Sep 22, 2017, 1:00 PM – Sat, Sep 23, 2017, 6:00 PM PDT
Some people are undone by suffering. Others are made stronger. Still others flourish within it.
Join us in September 2017 for a two-day conference exploring the mystery and meaning of suffering in human life.
- How are we to make sense of evil and suffering in this world?
- How can we do something with the pain and conflict in our lives?
- What is grief and lament, and how do they play a part in human psychology, emotion, and experience?
- What can we learn from history about pain and suffering?
- How does the suffering of Christ work for our good?
- How can we forgive those who cause us great pain from wrongs done?
2 days of big-idea talks, on-stage conversations, and more from scholars, thought leaders, and practitioners
Engage with conference speakers in intimate 45-minute discussion seminars and praxis labs
Be intellectually shaped and spiritually formed through learning and liturgy
Theology / Yale Divinity School
Philosophy / St. Louis University
Conference Host / Director of Biola University's Center for Christian Thought
Friday and Saturday, Sept 22-23, 2017
Detailed information will become available in August 2017
How can I learn more?
Where can I stay?
We often host our guests at the Holiday Inn La Mirada or Residence Inn La Mirada.
What is the Center for Christian Thought?
Biola University's Center for Christian Thought exists to reconnect Christian Scholarship with the Academy and the Church. For more information, visit cct.biola.edu.
Will meals be provided?
Registration does not include meals, but Biola cafe's will be open throughout the conference.
What is The Table?
The Table is a resource of the Biola CCT focused on reaching out to thoughtful Christians with transforming Christian wisdom, from a variety of perspectives and disciplines and themes.
CCT is sponsored by the generous support of the Templeton Religion Trust