The Strange Boys
Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 8:00 PM - Friday, June 17, 2011 at 2:00 AM (EDT)
The Strange Boys (In the Red / Rough Trade): www.intheredrecords.com/pages/strangeboys.html
Austin, TX’s The Strange Boys evoke a wild-eyed, porcelain-skinned innocence that is capable of summoning the wayward spirit of Brian Jones. The mystery of the South couples with the mastery of rhythm to create a sound completely timeless and familiar, yet absolutely raw and avant-garde. Greg Enlow’s syncopated, organ-driven grooves hark back to The Seeds’ Pushing Too Hard while guitarist Ryan Sambol’s voice wavers beyond comparison. Older brother Philip Sambol keeps the pulse with the aptly named Matt Hammer, who unmercifully pounds an old Ludwig set.
Interview in Paste: http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2009/05/getting-to-know-the-strange-boys.html
You Tube: http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2009/05/getting-to-know-the-strange-boys.html
The Pinhook has become Durham’s premiere venue for live music, excellent DJ’s, basic chilling, and collaborative creative events. Here’s what we got:
- Weekends of Musical Mayhem- featuring the best bands from The Triangle, North Carolina, and well beyond.
- Weeknight Monthlies like Open Mics, Open Jams, Karaoke, Trivia, and DJ sets.
- THE GREATEST BAR STAFF IN THE UNIVERSE!
- Pool, Tekken, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Backgammon, Scrabble, etc. (and people with whom to play these games)
- CHEAP. DRINKS. $3 Tallboys, $2 PBR, $1.50 Schlitz, $4 Well Drinks Monday-Wednesday.
- Nightly specials – the perfect way to make cheap drinks even cheaper.
- A PATIO OUT BACK! OUR PATIO IS SO AWESOME. I LOVE YOU, PATIO.
But the most important thing we have is YOU. The Pinhook is YOUR place. We believe that communities thrive when there is a public place for their citizens to be themselves, whether on stage or on a barstool, relaxing or rocking out. For Durham and the Triangle, the Pinhook is that place.
You gotta make your own fun in life, but we’re here to help.