The State Board Course- Written Examination Prep
At the end of this course students will have a theoretical understanding of the requirements to pass the GA State Board of Cosmetology Written/Theory Exam.
The National Cosmetology theory exam is required for cosmetology licensure in the State of GA and is developed by NIC-The National Interstate Council of State Board of Cosmetology.
The course as outlined below can be taken as an hourly class or in conjunction with our Practical Exam prep course.
The course sections and written exam are broken down as follows:
1. Scientific Concepts 30%
2. Hair Care and Services 40%
3. Skin Care Services 15%
4. Nail Care Services 15%
After booking your written exam prep candidates will be emailed a practice exam that should be taken 72hrs prior to your class date. This practice test inclused 110 questions which content will be similar to what you may see of the State exam.
It is imperative that you answer all questions without using any textbooks or notes so that your instructor knows your strengths and weaknesses when creating your personalized class curriculum.
The State Board Course-Practical Examination Prep
At the end of this course students will have a practical understanding of the requirements to pass the GA State Board of Cosmetology Practical Exam. Students will also know how to properly pack their bag for the examination.
The NIC National Cosmetology Practical Examination administered by PSI Exams for the GA State Board of Cosmetology has been updated with changes to take effect 5/1/2016. The course as outlined below is a six hour comprehensive course to prepare candidates for this updated examination.
The course sections are as follows:
1. Work Area and Client Preparation, and Set up of Supplies (Client One)
2. Thermal Curling
4. Work Area and New Client Preparation, and Set Up of Supplies (Client Two)
5. Chemical Waving
6. Predisposition Test and Strand Test with Simulated Product
7. Highlighting with Foil, Virgin Application with Colored Simulated Product
8. Hair Color Retouch with Colored Simulated Product
9. Virgin Relaxer Application with Colored Simulated Product
10. Blood Exposure Procedure
11. Work Area and New Client Preparation, and Set Up of Supplies (Client Three)
12. Sculptured Nail
13. Work Area and New Client Preparation, an Set Up of Supplies (Client Four)
14. Basic Facial